Sunday, December 2, 2007

check out the view









I took these pictures from the house, It is the living room/ dining room windows, Pretty cool Huh. Dads designe the house with an open floor plan. so the living dining and kitchen are combined. No one feels left out while cooking that way. It looks pretty small from this perspective but so did the basement before the framing took place. I am getting pretty excited. I hope everyone is praying that we sell the house in Stevenson, it would sure make life a bit more easier. Pretty hard to go back, although I love it so much. We had to travel down, my dad and I a few weeks ago to fix a leak in the basement, my silly nilly fault I clogged the drain with one of my ingenous inventions. But it was so nice to walk through, yep I admit it, I am pridefull when I look at all of the remodeling I was able to accomplish with a bit of help from my friends. :-) I can't wait for the semester to end so I can start plumbing and pulling the electrically wire with my dad, I really love doing stuff like that. Pretty soon I will be able to set up a few power tools and get my hands dirty. I know it will be a lot of work but I am looking forward to doing the tiling myself and putting the floor in, I hope my schedule will allow time enough to do it. We will see. Right now I am trying to decide what color scheme for the outside. Red door, red roofed shingles, for sure, white trim, river rock around the craftsmen posts and.... dark blue shingles or taupe shinges for the siding... Any suggestions out there. At first I wanted some funky burnt orange but I have been informed that no one will help me paint it and the elder Steckers perfer not to look at it. So I thought dark grey would look nice until I thought about the sun cooking the house and since I hate being hot.... better go with something a little less attractive to the sun.

2 comments:

D Fisher said...

Yeah the Grey wouldn't weather well, but I like bright colors myself, so let me know if I have to come up and help paint!

how about some lighter greens or Taupes with lighter or darker trims. I love the red door...always did.

Lots of Love,

David

Gorge Us Family said...

Well, David should definitely be your decorative consultant. The blue sounds cute, but I am picturing a dark blue, so that might be them same as grey.