Like most boys, he hates to wash his hair or brush it, also can't get him to brush those teeth, or match his socks, or match his clothes. LOL. I am sure some of you have heard me say it, and I promise this will be the last time, but he keeps telling me, "It doesn't matter what I look like on the outside, mom, only the inside counts." My opinion is of coarse all of those things make being around the inside you a lot more pleasent.
An interesting fact about my sweet guy is for all his tenderness, he can't stand babies. and still holds a grudge about the fact that Audrey once was a baby, therefore she is still not worth the trouble. Thus he still hasn't held his little sister Rebecca and probably wont ever. Although don't tell him I saw, but I did see him looking at her with a little tiny grin on his face. He is delegated to diaper duty... throwing away the diapers (they are so small Richard refers to the rolled up things as acorns) until he decides to hold the baby. he seems to be fine with that.
4 comments:
What a good kid he is. I love that he is such an avid reader now.
Well, I do have to admit that I get a kick out of the lacunized (is that even a word?) world that Nicholas seems to live in!! It makes him very interesting to be around----never sure if he's going to walk off a cliff, walk into a parked car, or ????? He's just in this strange little place where his mind is in TOTAL FOCUS on some minute detail of life. It's going to be very interesting to see what he does for a living as an adult!!
He so reminds me of his older cousin Brent; so incredibly single focus. Whatever they are in to at the time they put their whole body and soul in to... if it is not their idea you can just forget it. I remember once walking by Brent's room and telling him that it was so messy that I couldn't stand to even look at it. His response, "then don't look at it mom!" It was quite simple in his mind... but just like Nicholas he is and continues to be a very loving, caring soul "inside".
heis a dokus boy but yes hes cathing up to me in reading, almost but not quite. BUT NO MATTER WHAT HES STILL A DORKUS BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment