It is a beautiful time of year that never ceases to take my breath away. The apple and cherry blossoms have always captured my attention. This year has been a challange for many of the farmers, they have had to battle strange cold weather. A few of the mornings Richard and I have driven to school with the smoke from the smudge pots hanging low above the trees, so thick, it seemed possible to walk on the layer of filth. Each afternoon I see the pink blossoms still glowing, indicating that life prevailed for one more night. I was driving through the Toppenish/Wapato side of the Valley the other day, it was a breezy day, I had been contemplating our spirit's nature and eternal exsistence. I then recollected words from a book Greg often repeated to me..."When the sun shines upon you it is my smile, when you hear the breeze stir through the apple blossoms, it is my whisper, I love you. Coincidence that I moved to a city surrounded by apple trees that has become an annual reminder of once was and I pray still is. Life much like Love prevails over death. I am grateful for the atonement of Christ. The never ceasing blessings, earth's majesty, opportunities for education and growth, new chances to love and grow, my family's devotion to my children and myself. I think that my decision to love Richard and accept his love for me has thrown some of my loving friends and family into a loop. Instead of happiness for new and happy circumstances, I have experienced rejection. I imagine that the others, much like myself, envisioned my life without a companion. talk about throwing people for a loop. I met, fell in love and got married all within a 3 month time frame. Is that a betrayl of Greg's love? Unfortunately some people think so or they might think I am just taking the easy way out? Got a man in my life so everything will be ok ????? Not only are people worried about my sanity in marrying a person so quickly but question why Richard would be interested in me, something my wavering self confidence did not need to take a hit on. I am not totally in the clouds, I realize if you use an worldly calculator I have some less than desirable attribute. You could call it, asstribute as in my bottom's size has increase beyond the world discription of boodilicious. I do have 3 children that at times feel like the challenge of a dozen, I am uneducate, but working on it. I have other faults but refuse to list them. When i felt the breeze blow through the apple blossoms I realized not only did Greg love me but he constantly reminded me of how extraordinary I was. Let me put this question out there... Perhaps accepting what the Father gives us, even the blessings, can be most challenging. Letting go of what should/could/would have been is harder than I thought. Trusting that future hopes and dreams are worth dreaming. Even loving yourself enough to believe that someone else could too. It might just be, that there are blessings/challenges out there that we need to accept into our lives, even the most unexpected blessings can challenge us to grow.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
The Valley is a bloom with blossoms
It is a beautiful time of year that never ceases to take my breath away. The apple and cherry blossoms have always captured my attention. This year has been a challange for many of the farmers, they have had to battle strange cold weather. A few of the mornings Richard and I have driven to school with the smoke from the smudge pots hanging low above the trees, so thick, it seemed possible to walk on the layer of filth. Each afternoon I see the pink blossoms still glowing, indicating that life prevailed for one more night. I was driving through the Toppenish/Wapato side of the Valley the other day, it was a breezy day, I had been contemplating our spirit's nature and eternal exsistence. I then recollected words from a book Greg often repeated to me..."When the sun shines upon you it is my smile, when you hear the breeze stir through the apple blossoms, it is my whisper, I love you. Coincidence that I moved to a city surrounded by apple trees that has become an annual reminder of once was and I pray still is. Life much like Love prevails over death. I am grateful for the atonement of Christ. The never ceasing blessings, earth's majesty, opportunities for education and growth, new chances to love and grow, my family's devotion to my children and myself. I think that my decision to love Richard and accept his love for me has thrown some of my loving friends and family into a loop. Instead of happiness for new and happy circumstances, I have experienced rejection. I imagine that the others, much like myself, envisioned my life without a companion. talk about throwing people for a loop. I met, fell in love and got married all within a 3 month time frame. Is that a betrayl of Greg's love? Unfortunately some people think so or they might think I am just taking the easy way out? Got a man in my life so everything will be ok ????? Not only are people worried about my sanity in marrying a person so quickly but question why Richard would be interested in me, something my wavering self confidence did not need to take a hit on. I am not totally in the clouds, I realize if you use an worldly calculator I have some less than desirable attribute. You could call it, asstribute as in my bottom's size has increase beyond the world discription of boodilicious. I do have 3 children that at times feel like the challenge of a dozen, I am uneducate, but working on it. I have other faults but refuse to list them. When i felt the breeze blow through the apple blossoms I realized not only did Greg love me but he constantly reminded me of how extraordinary I was. Let me put this question out there... Perhaps accepting what the Father gives us, even the blessings, can be most challenging. Letting go of what should/could/would have been is harder than I thought. Trusting that future hopes and dreams are worth dreaming. Even loving yourself enough to believe that someone else could too. It might just be, that there are blessings/challenges out there that we need to accept into our lives, even the most unexpected blessings can challenge us to grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We miss Greg, but we are glad to see you happy. You deserve it.
My Grandpa died when my grandma had 3 young children at home. She is now 87 and all alone. Never remarried and lonely. I am so thankful you didn't follow in that path. We all love Greg but we love you too and you deserve happiness not loneliness. I am so thankful Richard came along. The life my grandmother had wasn't what I would wish on anyone. You are amazing and we love you and I love Richard for loving you, Greg and the kids! My mom's life without a father here on earth was way way to hard. She needed a father here too. I am glad the kids have a man here to love them and meet the needs they have for a father. Seeing what she went through makes me happy you found someone so soon! Love ya- Nic
What is not to love about you?
You are fun, kind, and caring.
I'm glad you're coming in to our life!!
Sure, I think you both were nuts for marrying so quickly, but then you must be nuts from the same tree I grew on!! So, welcome to my tree!!
You have not betrayed Greg's love at all. Marriage ends at death; love does not. I would think it odd if you did NOT still feel love for Greg, but his time here is over. Your time here is not. God's purpose for Greg was fulfilled. His purpose for you has not yet been.
Often widows/widowers are called to a new family life. There's no betrayal of the first love in this. Just as when your friends die you go on to gather new friends without giving up the love of the ones who've passed.
Love is like a candle flame; If you take a candle and light other candles from it, all the candles have a flame then. The light fromthe original candle is not diminished; it instead has spread.
You, Nichole, have much love to give, much light to spread, much joy to share. You shared it in your life with Greg; you will now continue to share it in your life with Richard.
We are glad to have you in our world; and we can help to honor the memory of Greg by seeing him in his children. I hope that Richard will be a good dad to them; that he will eventually love them as if they were his own while always helping them to share their memories of their father.
Onward and upward! Rejoice and be glad. Don't permit anyone to pull you down! Light flames all over the place!
Getting a little wordy here. Sorry!! Your M-I-L who is very glad you're on this path.
If I didn't have to leave for work in a few minutes, I could write a novel about all the wonderful things my brother sees in you. In a nutshell, you are a truly kind, thoughtful, and absolutely beautiful person. You have a wonderful moral character, balanced with a great sense of humor and a zest for life. You have shown courage and strength in the face of adversity, and come through it with incredible grace. How would that not be attractive to any man looking for a quality person to share his life with?
Looking forward to having you over to our place soon!!!!!
I have to second what mom says, which is that you are a fun, kind and caring person.I am glad that you came into our life, and glad to have you as a Sister-in-Law.
Nichole,
I have never even met you in person and I already love you! It is easy to see that you are kind and funny, warm and giving, smart and capable.... it seems that Richard would have been crazy to NOT fall for you!
I think God directed you both to follow those paths that brought you together. I think, in a wonderful way, you have "saved" one another's lives! You both have joy, which had been recently missing.
I am looking so very forward to meeting you and the kids,and welcoming you all with open arms into our family!
Post a Comment