Monday, March 17, 2008

New Post, What Time????








I have been busy, sorry ladies, I haven't even had time to chat online with anyone. I am looking forward to the next 3 day weekend. The family is traveling to meet Richard's Grandma Sims. Richard warned me it is a 5 hour drive. To be honest it sounds wonderful a whole 5 hours and nothing to do.



So everyone has been wondering what i have bee up to . First pictrue up is Godzilla's reproductive system...Yes, if you are curious I just took the picture to bother Richard, and he is very, very bothered. Unfortunatly he has been randomly checking my person's for scapels...Oh dear He has such little faith.



Next up is I have been coaching Nicholas's soccer team The Swarm. He actually did play a little bit the other day. It was very refreshing. Our team is actually pretty good. We have 3 young men who are from hispanic descent and have ball handling skills to prove it. Edgar, Jorge and Jose. Alisias is also very athletic and comes away from the swarm of boys with the ball almost every time. Nicholas had too long of a break the last 2 years but he is doing an awesome job sticking with it and calling me coach. The soccer association hasn't been much help but i managed to dye some t shirts and iron on some transfers so our team looks a bit respectable unfrotunately it has taken up a bit of time, I just hope nicholas decides he likes it. According to the associatatoin they want a long term commitment. When I think I can't possibly do it with all of the other things going on in life I feel guilty as I remember all of my coaches who dedicated their time and talents so I could play. Sports teach let us learn invaluable skills that help us throughout our lifetimes. So I am now looking at the catalog trying to decide what color of uniforms we need. I tend to gravitate toward themes. But is yellow and black actually rock or just mom dorkus???


Madison got to spend the weekend riding horses out at the Corbridges this weekend and had a blast with the pigs and teach Buzzi (the horse) who is boss. Well, I think Buzzi showed Mad was in charge but they well get there. Madison got to go on a trail ride. Spoiled, Spoiled Girl. I am grateful for this because Iam starting to run out of quaters. Madison likes to practive her canter on the automatic horse at Fred Meyers


Richard and I got to watch the Malac during church this sunday, We went on a little nature walk the last hour of church, Malac loved the rocks and pine cones. I tried to tie the adventure into Malac discovering God's many wonderful creations but his mom, Megan, wasn't pleased with his dirt covered knees and rock licking mouth. Auntie N will have to do better next time and not let him eat more than one volcanic rock at a time. he hee he

I know, I know that is still not enough going on to explain my lack of communication with everyone. But in picuter number 10 you see my computer and water cup, This is where I spend all of my time when I am not at class. School has been a challenge this semester I enjoy studying, however with Richard in the picture I also like just hanging out with him in the evenings. This is a bit of a diversion to my prior routine of studying all day, coming home kissing kids and then studying until I could n't keep my eyes open anymore. Once again my goal, my aspiration is to find balance between motherhood, being a friend, wife, and student. I haven't given up hope but somedays i don't think I will ever attain zen.





4 comments:

Just JoNell said...

Newlywed Nichole,
Richard isn't *really* searching for scalpels, dear. That's just an excuse . . . .

Gorge Us Family said...

Malac looks so old. How can he grow up without me. I am so proud of Nicholas for sticking in there and yeah for Madi, I bet her heart is content with Bizzi!

courtney87 said...

You will LOVE it up an grandma's!! Not only is she one of the 2 most incredible grandmothers ever, but her place is so inviting and the scenery amazing!! I will be shocked if you do not have to fight an urge to live there when it is time to go home!!

ENJOY! And be sure to hung Grandma for those of us who can't be up there...

Anonymous said...

HEY, don't you dare hung my Grandma! Shame on you, Courtney! Anyway, I do have an inkling of how overwhelming your life is right now. I remember back to the days when I was going to nursing school full time and working full time. Oh my gosh, what a nightmare that was, and I didn't even have kids to tend to as well. So, I totally feel for you. The good news is that when you are all done with school it will seem like you have soooo much free time on your hands that you won't know what to do with it. Haha, in fact, that's when I took up paragliding...