Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Smith Rock


Richard nearly jumped out of his seat when he saw the sign directing traffic to Smith Rock State Park, he had been wanting to explore the park for quite some time and didn't know that we would be so close. We made reservations for the weekend in Sunriver, OR without realizing all the wonderful activities in the area. So on Saturday we went for a hike. I felt like it was more of a climb. Richard drives me crazy with his camera. Don't get the wrong impression I am a scrapbooker and I am now a blogger so I love photographs but I am the one who has always been behind the camera Richard is obsessed with photography...and since he is now obsessed with me I have become an uncomfortable subject in many of the photographs. :-) Although I have been known to tell him to knock it off and to stop taking pictures I was very, very grateful for the insecesent clicking because of the verticle climb and my lack of cardiovascular excercise I needed to catch my breath frequently. I was able to do so without embarassing myself too much when Richard would stop and take a pic of this rock or that bird....

The hike was a lot of fun and the view was very majestic. We could see all of the mountain peaks. from the top of the climb. We then descended on the back side of the trail by the rock refered to as the monkey face and followed the trail that hugs the river out.

3 comments:

Just JoNell said...

Love the photo! You two are so cute together {which is what every near-40 guy loves to hear}.

And I would love to go on a hike with you sometime. You are my kind of hiker -- I am our family photographer, so I make frequent stops to take photos.....and breathe. LOL I'll hang back with you.

Gorge Us Family said...

Looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

I do love the picture of you two--very cute! Smith rocks is gorgeous, isn't it? Mike has climbed Monkey Face a few times (he's a very good rock climber), and has promised to take me up it. You guys should come along when we do...